Welcome to my “non-sponsored, opinion-only, 30 clean recipes” page- known to most as Whole30. Whole30 is not my creation, not even close, but I have deemed myself a Whole30 professional. And I genuinely believe to be just that.
Why do I have this page? Well, I talk about my past rounds of W30 often, I have convinced numerous people to give up alcohol for 30 days, & I photograph my food choices way too much. Oh no, nobody asked for all of that. It was all unsolicited. However, now in the blogging world, I can talk about whatever I want & people can either bookmark my page or block me (which two people have done but I am too cheap to buy the app & see who they are.)
*serious music now playing softly in the background*
My first W30 journey forever changed my life (more on that later in a lengthy blog post), which is why I want to share this information. I will be posting 30 days of meals, along with recipe links, on this page. If I inspire one person to take control of their relationship with food & being a healthier human in return, then all this timely work is beyond worth it!
Enjoy, follow my IG account @cutesmartkind for my food photos, & share this page with your friends! <3
Whole30 Recipes I tried (& like!):
- Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach & Mushrooms*
- Tomato Basil Soup (Creamy)
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pig
- Egg Sage Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Sheet Pan Salmon Supper**
- Bacon Scallion Chicken Salad***
- Carrot Fries with Rosemary & Bacon
- Spinach Artichoke Twice Baked Potatoes
- Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash
- Easy Eggs Benedict
- Italian Beef Zucchini Boats
- Sweet & Sour Chicken pieces (but with this sauce!)****
- All-Purpose Fry Sauce
- Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dip/Dressing
- Beef & Bacon Veggie Bowl w/Plantains*****
- Store-bought Buffalo Wing Sauce (drizzle, or soak, roasted cauliflower with this ASAP!)
- Smoky Bacon Chili (Top with green onions, jalapenos, & eat with plantain chips. OMG!)
- Mexicn-Spiced Barramundi (Or use Chilean Sea Bass, Mahi-Mahi…)
- Crispy Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Paleo Larb (Thailand meat salad. Trust me on this.)
- Sheet Pan Salmon Supper
- Dump Ranch (You will want to put this on everything.)
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Cabbage Soup (We did not do the included 7-day diet.)
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Burgers (We used ground turkey!)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Healthy Jumbalaya
*I did NOT make gnocchi from scratch because Trader Joes makes THE best cauliflower gnocchi. Game changer alert!
**I used my go-to basil pesto instead of the recommended arugula pesto because…well, it was in my fridge, already made, & I love convenience.
***I modified this recipe because I wasn’t feeling bacon at the time. I know, right?! Weird. I added 1/4 cup of cashew pieces en lieu of the bacon, then threw in 1/4 cup dried cherries & 1/2 Tbs of mustard. Mix well & wonder where this has been your whole life…
****The Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe was the BEST for the friend chicken pieces, but I did not like the sauce AT ALL. I felt like I was taking a shot of apple cider vinegar. I tried to salvage it before throwing it out, but to no avail. I made the orange chicken sauce (with my addition of blening 2 pitted Medjool dates) listed above, instead & loved it.
*****FYI, I had this for breakfast. It’s great for those who get tired of eggs, or just don’t eat them, period. If you love eggs, then fry one & plop it on top! Also, for the chipotle ranch, I, instead, added some chipotle seasoning (to taste) in W30 mayo, mixed it, licked the spoon, and called it a day. Simple and delicious!!